Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How to get people (read: me) excited about your band reuniting:

1. Be somewhat good. That one is pretty evident. Although I guess the idea of some crappy boy band like O-Town reuniting so they can stave off homelessness would be interesting. As long as they would play up the "we're broke" part of the story.

2. Be of the age where you can somewhat remember your "golden years" with the band. Sorry Led Zeppelin, but reliving your younger days at age 60 isn't necessarily all that compelling. (Not that I'm huge into Led Zeppelin anyway.)

3. Find a way to play to as many people as possible. Cause if you're reuniting for one small gig in one city, how is anyone supposed to get excited if that's all you're going to do. Alternate to this: record your reunion gig, put it on DVD, CD, iTunes... whatever.

4. Reunite for a purpose other than making money. I mean, I know money is the only reason to reunite, but if you're gonna get together again, you might as well RECORD SOME NEW MATERIAL. Even if it's a song or two.

So yeah. Uhh, sorry Pavement. You're cool, I guess... but one gig in New York over a year from now really isn't something to get *too* excited about.

1 comment: