Hey. I didn't write for a few days. That's because I didn't feel like it. Deal with it.
Anyway, I don't have any type of TV reception at my place, which means that in order to watch the Vikings game, I had to do one of two things: 1) find a place that would show the game... like a bar (ew), or 2) try as hard as possible to find a good online stream.
Now, for the life of me I can't really understand why networks don't have their own high quality streams for use. From what I understand, revenue comes mostly from ad sales, right? And I'm still going to be seeing the same ads online that I would on television, right? So why haven't a bunch of networks begun to do this? Screw the cable and satellite companies, there's probably a way to make money by having quality streams on the networks' websites.
Anyway, the NCAA does it every March for the tournament, and I know it's massively popular and probably a good moneymaker for CBS/NCAA, so it has some semblance of a good idea.
Which makes finding a good stream for the game even more infuriating... simply because they don't really exist.
I started out with a stream that came in a few seconds after the game had started... except that the audio to the game was instead tuned to a highlights show for the English Premier League. Once it finally got the correct audio working... it gave out. I then jumped to another stream, which was the "put camera in front of TV" variety. It gave out within a minute. Then for the rest of the 1st half, nothing.
Grr.
I have a collection of websites that theoretically offer links to all NFL streams, but for some reason the Vikings game was always the one missing. There's a few working streams now, but it's halftime now, so there really isn't much to see.
I would like to complain about how incompetent the whole world is for not having the game up for the entire game, but it's really not anyone's fault other than the NFL for wanting to charge a probably exorbitant amount for internet streams through DirecTV or something. I mean, at some point, in the future... free (or at least cheap) high quality streams will be set up by a bunch of the networks. Or at least that's what I'd assume (since the internet is replacing just about everything else nowadays). The NFL might as well just jump a few years ahead of the game and give me the f'n Vikings game right now. Aaack.
Hopefully the Vikings take control of the game now.
No comments:
Post a Comment