Tuesday, September 15, 2009

...

OK. So I'm going to write again about Kanye. It's probably going to be overplayed in about... well, it's overplayed now, but it's such a silly story that I can't help but get wrapped up in it.

1. This is a pretty awesome site. I'm sure a lot of people are telling you this at the moment. But I wanted to be the 507th to tell you it.

2. Everyone who is upset with this whole ordeal needs to realize a few things. 1) There's a chance it was scripted, or at least set up between MTV/Kanye to generate interest. 2) This was... quite frankly, awesome. Not only was it a deliberate attempt by someone in the entertainment "biz" to further his transformation into a megalomaniac villain, but he picked the perfect target for this. Now, I'm sure this gal has a decently thick skin just for being in the entertainment business, but from what I've been reading online it seems as if the rest of the world thinks she's some delicate little virgin that needs our constant protection from the evil forces of the outside world. So of course everyone's going to villify Kanye.

In fact, I'm really hoping that he knows what he's doing, and everything is being set up for this ultimate scene in which he becomes the biggest villain of all time. Have him apologize now and such, but then... when everything is settling, rescind the apology and blame the whole fiasco on Swift and MTV and everyone else. Then have him accidentally drop a baby or something. Then have him make borderline racist comments against Asians or something. Then have him release a terrible Metallica covers record, and insist that his versions are the best.

The finale to this transformation into ultimate villain has to be something huge, though. I'm trying to think of something that would do justice to this, but I can't think of anything. The closest I'm coming to would be at next year's VMAs, where they do some gimmicked duet between West and Swift... then having West storm off the set and punch an MTV DJ... I'm not sure if that would be epic enough.

Now, the question becomes then who should play the Hero to Kanye's villain. The most obvious choice would be Swift herself, with the arc where, after this humiliating ordeal, she becomes a strong, independent woman... takes some karate classes or something... and then defeats the evil Kanye. However, I'm not convinced she could pull that off effectively (of course, the amount I know about her is limited to this one event, where she looked sort of flustered and not like a crime fighting machine).

Apparently Pink was very upset with Kanye at the show, which might lend her to being the superhero to save the day. However, Pink sucks. And usually, you want people to actually root for the hero instead of going for the villain. So she's out of the equation.

My choice? Barack Obama.

Apparently he called Kanye a jacka**, so he's already got the anger brewing inside of him. Plus, we're at a time in our history where we've never been more divided over every single issue you could think of, and Obama needs to do something, anything to get (blah blah standard "let's work together to achieve great things" crap). So what better way to get people united as one than to take on America's greatest villain at the moment (which is undoubtedly Kanye, for the record. No doubt whatsoever) and finally vanquish him, preventing him from ever interrupting our precious faux-country singers again?

You could even dress him up in a costume, and have him challenge Kanye from afar. That would lead to people speculating about the true identity of this caped crusader, all the while extolling this mystery man as a true American hero. This goes on for weeks, all building up to this climatic showdown. And then, that showdown comes, and this masked man defeats Kanye in a long, epic struggle to the death. And then, as this man is standing victorious... he unmasks, revealing the president of the United States. Realizing that Obama is a true American hero, and realizing that superheroes are naturally bada** and thus worthy of admiration, Republicans all across the country decide that HEY! Maybe this guy can get us out of our dark ages. So then everyone works together, America becomes superpowerful and takes over the entire world, and everyone lives happily ever after.

So basically, what I'm saying is that, quite possibly, our collective hatred for Kanye is going to unite us as a nation... and for that, we should be thanking him for possibly saving our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment