Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Unfortunately, the Boondock Saints sequel seems to REALLY exist

Quick factoid: The Boondock Saints is my least favorite movie of all time. I don't want to get into it too much, but it's morally bankrupt yet college kids eat it up because it's "cool" and crap like that (even though it isn't "cool"... the soundtrack is among the worst I've heard, all the action scenes are convoluted and stupid as hell, some of the acting is beyond terrible, and it's not even funny... although that might just be me, since it seems like I'm the only one that doesn't think that a mediocre quip doesn't become godlike once someone with an accent says it).

So it gave me great displeasure to see the trailer for the sequel today.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked the link, but I couldn't help it.

It's sort of scouting out your enemy for battle, you know? I needed to see this just to witness this ungodly beast's current incarnation. Looks like it's still stupid.

Oh, and there's apparently nudity as well. Which means that the "Saints" will probably both get it on with the gal in the trailer at separate points. Cause, you know... servants of God bang hot chicks all the time.

I try not to get too worked up about movies and stuff that I don't like and everything, but it really does bother me that a film that advocates an eye for an eye while pretending to do so in the name of God (you know, totally ignoring that "turning the other cheek" stuff) gets totally ignored by the majority of the film's fanbase just because "it's just a movie" or something. It's just that the film definitely tries to make the case for vigilantism, except that it's terribly, terribly wrong. Seriously. It's like the dude watched Taxi Driver, thought "hey, that's cool... he killed those pimps all to save that little girl." Except he missed that the entire point was that Bickle was a sociopath and could've just as easily assassinated the presidential candidate.

I'm not going to link to the trailer. That might break my soul.

I just want you all to know that this trailer... this film... it exists out there.

And I am going to hurt because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment