I hate to write so much about football and everything, but this is an exciting time. The Vikings are starting their season and I am going to enjoy the crap out of whatever the heck happens. Pretty much they could go 3-13 and I would be more than elated. They could win the Super Bowl and obviously I'd be thrilled... as long as Brett Favre is injured or something.
So I'm going to be chiming in with updates probably the entire duration of the game. The Vikings are playing the Browns, and general consensus is that they are going to win. I'd probably agree with that... although it's going to be pretty close. Probably will jump out to a quick and large lead while the Browns chip away at the lead before Peterson seals the game in the last drive. Or something like that. That's my conservative opinion. My real opinion is that Favre will throw some short stuff early, maybe one that will go for a long touchdown... and then Favre will throw a few interceptions to allow the Browns to tie up, before it is realized that it might be better to keep the ball out of his hands. My out there opinion is that Favre gets out there, strips naked, and throws six interceptions... just cause he can.
I'd be OK with any scenario, honestly.
One thing I like about the NFL over college--the competition is top notch. One thing I like about college over the NFL--instant replay. Not only the act of challenging plays--seems less prevalent and takes less time, it seems like, but how they don't IMMEDIATELY cut to a replay of the touchdown. In last night's Gophers game, the Gophers picked up a fumble in the 4th down, returning it for the game winning touchdown. The replay comes after the broadcast allows you to soak in all the deafening cheers and appreciate how huge of a play it was. The NFL seems like they have a hard time not immediately pressing play on the replay.
ReplyDeleteThat was an ideal win... Peterson going crazy, Favre doing little, defense doing what it needs to do.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it needed a comical Favre-interception or boneheaded play of some sort, but you know.