Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hooray Gophers or something

So my alma mater needed a new stadium for about 20 years. For years and years, they were in the Metrodome, which I always sort of have had a fondness for... but not for college football. And finally, after ALL THESE YEARS, they finally get a stadium approved, ready for its grand opening in 2009.

Just about right after I graduate.

Am I bitter about it? A little. I mean, there's really nothing one could do about it... it was scheduled to finish after I graduate, and that was that. But the problem is, tuition kept rising and rising the entire time I was at school, primarily to pay for the construction fees. So how did all that money that partially caused me to take out a couple loans benefit me? Well, it won't.

I'm sure there are ways for me to get discounted tickets or something, but it wouldn't be the same. Cause, you know... now I'm near broke and needing money, and lacking that disposable income I might have had last year.

Also, it kinda pisses me off the stadium is named after a bank. I mean, it shouldn't piss me off because corporate sponsorships are the norm in the pros and most likely will be the case in college sports soon as well, but still.

Anyway, the game is going to start soon, which I'll be watching... hoping that they win and all that good stuff. I might chime in later with some stuff, but since even I probably won't care much about what I'd have to say about the game, I'll probably neglect that stuff in favor of speculation of how stupid everyone will be.

And most likely, there'll be a LOT of stupidity.

1 comment:

  1. So basically, they're wearing all yellow (well... "gold") jerseys... and although I'm assuming everyone else hates them, I think they're great.

    But I have a well documented fondness of yellow.

    Well... I mean, "well documented" as in I've told people I like yellow, and that I like wearing yellow.

    I actually need a new yellow shirt. One of mine is falling apart, and it's kind of depressing.

    What the hell? Someone just equated nature to using satellite internet rather than dial-up. Stupid stupid stupid.

    ReplyDelete