Friday, March 30, 2012

Been a while since I've written. Not on purpose, of course... but rather things I've had batting around in my head haven't seemed particularly noteworthy. Not that they usually are, but still.

I guess even now I still feel that way. Been sort of re-evaluating what exactly I want from life, and I'm not really sure where writing fits into that. So that's been a bit of a deterrent from doing anything.

But I'm gonna feel lazy if I don't make somewhat of an effort to keep flexing those muscles, so to speak, so... here goes.

Sigur Ros announced this week that they are putting out a new album. It's called "Valtari", and I believe that it comes out May 28th. Now, since they happen to be a favorite band of mine (and are responsible for my favorite album of all time as well as my favorite song), I'm going to be quite excited about this, even if their last album was more pleasant than breathtakingly monumental. It's still Sigur Ros.

So in anticipation of the record, every so often (i.e. whenever I feel like it), I'm going to post a song of theirs, and instead of writing anything in-depth about the song (since I feel like I've written about them ad nauseum), I'm just going to post a picture that sums up how I feel about the song.

First, Svefn-g-englar.



And...








Quick things:
1) This picture could sum up a lot of Sigur Ros' music for me.
2) Sara, if you're reading this... this is the seagull song. There are no seagulls in this picture. I hope that is OK.

1 comment:

  1. WHERE'D YOU GO?!

    Saints game(s) this summer. Let's make it happen.

    ReplyDelete