OK, so last time I detailed that I was going to do some football picks, because I was fashioning myself as a huge expert, which is pretty much me blowing smoke left and right.
And there was a game last Thursday, so I made a quick prediction before I went on with my predictions for tomorrow's games, and lo and behold... I was right. I predicted the 49ers by 4... and whaddaya know, they won by 4.
This means either two things:
1) Complete luck.
2) I AM A BRILLIANT GURU IN ALL THINGS *INCLUDING* FOOTBALL.
I wouldn't blame you for leaning towards number 2.
I'm going to first do the games I care about.
Vikings vs. Lions
-This one might be closer than people think. The Lions are a division rival, jumped out to a 10-0 lead earlier in the game before losing big... and last year, their game against us was the closest they were to winning (losing by a stupid safety by their QB). Vikings still win, cause they have all the talent, but it's close for a while before the Vikings put it away.
Vikings by 17.
Cowboys vs. Packers
OK. This is hard. 1) The Cowboys don't really *need* this game, and the Packers do. 2) I don't think the Packers are a bad team... just not a very good one. 3) Cowboys have had two tough losses to two good teams (at least at the time), so they can definitely keep up with anyone. Since the Packers seem less than clutch at crunch time, Cowboys by 3. Although I sort of want to say the Packers just to hope it causes a reverse jinx.
Bengals vs. Steelers
Steelers are playing pretty dang good right now. The Bengals are as well, but they lack the experience in tough games like the Steelers do. Or something like that. Sounds like something an expert would say... I don't actually know if the Steelers players lead the Bengals players in "total tough games played." But what I mean is that the Steelers won the Super Bowl last year, so they're probably better. Steelers by 14.
Patriots vs. Colts
So, due to Manning's crazy goodness, plus due to the fact that they probably have had this game on their radar for a while now... they win by 12. And then lose next week to Baltimore. Cause they'll get a big head after this game, you see. Or something to that effect.
Games I don't really care about:
Bills vs. Titans: Titans by 17.
Saints vs. Rams: Saints by 26.
Bucs vs. Dolphins: Dolphins by 15.
Jaguars vs. Jets: Jaguars by 6.
Broncos vs. Redskins: Broncos by 10.
Falcons vs. Panthers: Falcons by 7.
Chiefs vs. Raiders: Chiefs by 4.
Seahawks vs. Cardinals: Cardinals by 21.
Eagles vs. Chargers: Chargers by 13.
Ravens vs. Browns: Ravens by 14.
No comments:
Post a Comment