...are pretty cool.
I had mine yesterday. It wasn't actually something I actively celebrated, since I had to work from 2-9 and what not, but it's something that you have floating in your mind... you're dealing with a bunch of difficult people and then you think "hey, it's my half birthday, so the day is somewhat but not really in honor of me." Which makes you feel a little better, although not to the point where you are whining that you have to work on such a day.
I'm pretty sure I know no one else that celebrates their half birthday. I only do it because one year, I realized that a few days prior was my half birthday and I should at least recognize it when it would come next year. Then I'd forget the next year as well until a few days later, and then I'd make the same vow... rinse, repeat. I finally was able to note either last year or the year before that November 20th is my half-birthday on that exact date, and now I'm going to keep up with it. I'd say it's not too shabby of an idea either... casuse you get a day celebrating you without the baggage of being a year older. I mean, I'd guess you'd be a half year older and everything, but no one notes that you're *blank* and a half years after the age of 9, so it doesn't really matter.
Apparently there are other ways to calculate your half birthday other than taking your birthdate and making it six months later. But they're all stupid and are designed to include those born on a day like August 31st feel like they can get in on the half-birthday fun. But they really can't. Their half birthday is floating out in space somewhere, and they'll never be able to ever come into contact with it.
That's just the way it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment