I'm in the midst of a 5-day break from work.
Things I *could* be doing:
-Watching all the stuff I've been meaning to watch for a while.
-Catch up with people that I haven't talked to in weeks/months.
-Writing. Either something for here, or I could continue with the screenplay that I actually started (!!!). Not that I'll ever finish it (because... you know, I have little drive and self esteem), but right now I've got 3+ pages... perhaps more if I were to format it like an actual screenplay. So that's kind of cool. I could be working on that.
-Cashing in my check, which would make me feel less broke.
-Returning the DVD I need to bring back to the library, because it needs to go back before Thursday.
-Etc.
What I have instead been doing with all my free time:
-Playing online poker.
-And not even poker for money, so it's even more pointless (although less of a strain on my wallet... even though I've been playing well as of late... although that's probably because people who actually play for money might actually be somewhat good.)
-(Except that I lost the last game I played, ruining all the good will I had going on there. Although it was because Sara called me and we made plans to go to Cub and such... so it wasn't the worst thing in the world.)
-(I guess it's good that I've got something to do now, though...)
-(So I went to CNN and saw that cells phones are slowly killing people, and then Sara called... and I tried to hold the phone as far away from me as possible. And now, after looking at the symptoms online... I now believe I have a brain tumor.)
-(Which means that when I get the swine flu, it's going to battle with the brain tumor in a race to see what can kill me first.)
No comments:
Post a Comment