It's not that I'm against the cold or anything.
I used to be one of those "four seasons" type of person. The one that would claim that one of the perks of living in Minnesota was the weather (instead of... you know, the bane of its existence). The cold was alright with me... made everything interesting for a while, made the holidays that much more cozier... plus, it made you appreciate Spring a little more.
But sometimes things change. Sometimes things grow distant. This is what happening between me and winter right now... I can feel us growing apart as we speak. Soon enough I'll probably be cheating on winter in Miami with 70 degrees and sunshine. Basically, it seems like it's heading towards a bitter breakup.
I now have to walk 15 minutes to and from work everyday in the cold, and then as I'm trying to get back, wait up to 30 minutes for the bus to finally arrive.
I also now have to worry about heating bills, as I have been very careful not to turn on the heating in my place because apparently the building uses a convoluted and expensive way to heat the whole place up. I was going to try to avoid it as much as possible, but then my roommate recommended that we turn the heat on. I immediately responded by weather proofing the windows in my room, hoping that it cuts out excess cold from getting in and making the place a lot warmer.
All of a sudden I look at the forecast a lot more frequently, hoping that somehow, someway, it stays above 50. Sometimes it gets close. Even more regularly it's been inching closer towards 20. It's a massively depressing thought for me, and it's not one I can prevent in any shape or form. Nope, the cruel old world keeps moving along, and soon enough it'll stomp right along me.
There are ways to combat these problems... like a car... like money... the first one requires money, an the second requires effort. Neither of which I am in possession of as of late. If someone were to supply a little bit of either, perhaps things would get rolling my way. But until that time, I'm just going to have to freeze, and embrace it.
In other news, I'm stressed about money and need to start looking for jobs, and as a result I pretty much hate everything now.
No comments:
Post a Comment