Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So I haven't written in the last few days, and I pretty much have no excuse. Except that Sunday I worked late, Monday I fell asleep at some ridiculous early hour... and yesterday I had a crappy day at work and didn't feel like doing anything.

So really I have a lot of excuses.

But let's just cover what we missed:

Sunday: The Vikings won. Which is good and everything, and they looked mighty convincing in doing so (even if it was against the Seahawks). The problem is that they've been playing too well. Well enough that I'm starting to believe.

Yep. I'm starting to think that maybe... just maybe, the Vikings will actually make the Super Bowl this year. This is dangerous thinking. Last times I believed: 1998 (lost to Falcons in NFC championship game... I cried), 2000 (lost to Giants in NFC championship 41-0), 2004 (?) (started out 6-0... then didn't make the playoffs on the last play of the season). This is not going to end well. Basically, we're going to lose out now... mostly because it's just not like the Vikings to meet expectations, you know?

Monday: Sleep is good, you know?

Tuesday: LOSING YOUR CHECKBOOK IS KIND OF STRESSFUL.

Basically, I feel like I've already lost all my money, even though I haven't (I really don't know what happened to it... I could have just misplaced it for all I know). And it kind of makes me want to go out and beg for money and such. Tell everyone about my woes... how I was robbed of everything I had, even if that's not true.

Wednesday: I learned something about big corporations today. They kind of suck.

If you didn't know that before I told you, you're welcome.

So at the place of my employment, we were told to start asking for donations to the Children's Miracle Network, which is cool and everything in of itself, but then I took a look at the program info that the stuff came with, and apparently only 50% goes directly to the fund. The other 50% goes to Blockbuster, who then buys product from the store to donate it. As a way to take advantage of people's charity and increase sales.

According to the website the Children's Miracle Network uses funds for stuff like research and education. I hope they also need used copies of American Pie movies...

Perhaps it's something that all the major corporations do, and perhaps I didn't get a close enough look at the details, but still. It'd be cool to do something just for the sake of charity, rather than bosses telling you should push it because it will mean more sales for the company.

Blegh.

No comments:

Post a Comment