So I really shouldn't care what the hell Pitchfork has to say, but if they rank Animal Collective's "My Girls" tomorrow in the top 20 of their little "top 500 songs of the decade", I am going to be pissed. And if it's in the top 10, I'm going to punch a hole through the wall.
And if,God forbid, it's in the top 5, something like this will probably happen:

Except replace the egg with this:

Just so you all know.
#9. The bunny is spared.
ReplyDeleteWell... barely.
ReplyDeleteI don't know. I realize the temptation of making decade end lists and everything as soon as possible (despite the fact it isn't even the end of the decade yet), but some proper perspective would be nice. I.E. My Girls is OK, but also very repetitive, kinda annoying and not interesting enough to make me care about it. It's a song I think everyone'll eventually cool on, basically... and putting it at #9 (which was seriously lower than what I thought they'd put it at) seems shortsighted to me.