I am currently back at home right now. Hanging out with my brothers, playing a lot of video games, and then browse the internet whenever I have a chance.
And if I've been on the internet, I've been on this site.
So I'm sort of obsessed with lists, although I hate every single one that I don't create myself, so a site that focuses on making a huge, all-encompassing and ever evolving list... well, it's going to make me a little bit happy.
Few problems with the site, though. Which is OK, because it's still in beta, but still.
1) Not a full database, so a few key films that would be in my top 50 (and top 20... and top 10) are not, because you can't add them.
2) Say I rank Harold & Maude over Finding Nemo. The rankings will reflect that. But if I decide that something higher on the list (say...Metropolis) is not as worthy as its placement, and I rank Finding Nemo over Metropolis, the rankings then become 1) Finding Nemo, 2) Metropolis, and 3) Harold & Maude, totally ignoring the first ranking. Which sucks.
But hey! Still! Take a look at my totally cool list!! (Which really isn't cool... and I feel like I should have a lot more obscure, arthouse films at the top to add to some sort of hipster persona... but, uhh... I guess I fail.) Anyway, the top 8 is pretty solid (except I really don't have a favorite), but I don't know about 9-30. Case in point, I had Boogie Nights in the 23-24 area, until I decided that I liked it better than Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, so now it's 13. There you go.
I guess that's sort of why I like the thing (or at least, I like the concept of the site). It allows for evolution and changes, which is good because I'd never be fully satisfied with any list I'd make. It still feels a little bit clunky, but I'm assuming that they'll be fixed at some point.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that this site is APPROVED BY ME, and thus you should check it out and such.
No comments:
Post a Comment