Well that was quick.
Still not convinced that he won't just decide to leave after Week 2, then decide at Week 16 that he can go. But we'll see. In the mean time, here are the reasons why I like the signing of Favre:
1) The world now has no question in mind of the level of Brett Favre's attention whoring. That level? THE BIGGEST. THE BIGGEST LEVEL.
Of course, the whole world has figured this out about 10 years too late, but still.
2) He's going to get Brad Childress fired. Which is good. Despite his cool beard.
3) I might buy a Favre Vikings jersey. Not because I like him at all, because I don't... but I know how crushing it'll be to Packer fans, who treated him like a god despite being overrated like hell for a good while now.
4) We weren't going to go anywhere this year anyway. So we might as well go nowhere while derailing the legacy of my least favorite player ever!!
Yeah!!
OK. Watching the press conference. Kinda surreal. Watching him hold up his Favre jersey for photo ops with the Vikings brass smiling next to him = a photo album of God and Satan enjoying a Caribbean getaway together.
ReplyDeleteOr whatever classic enemy pairings that come to your mind. *shrugs*