Monday, October 5, 2009

spsfofgisogre

So, the Vikings won. Which is cool.

*shrugs*

I have this urge to counterbalance the hyperbole surrounding everything regarding the Vikings right now. I mean, the hysteria surrounding the attention Favre is getting is at an all time high, and the hysteria surrounding the backlash of the hysteria surrounding Favre is even higher. And me being the contrarian-to-a-fault that I am, my natural reaction to all of this in the wake of a HUGE GAME against our BIGGEST RIVAL is pretty much to look around and say "whatever."

Of course, I'm still writing about the game, but that's because I have nothing else to talk about. But the Vikings aren't that good. I think a lot of people are going to be declaring us contenders in the NFC, which is going to drive me mad (I always prefer to have people undervalue my teams...), but really we still haven't played anyone yet that really proves we belong.

Browns: suck.

Lions: suck.

49ers: looking good so far, but their wins have been against the NFC West, which is most likely the weakest division in the league by a wide margin. (of course, you could say that the Cardinals weren't really all that good and benefiting from a crappy conference last year, but still.)

Packers? Well, they're 2-2. A lot of people like them, but no matter the fact that they always remain close and what not... they still went 6-10 last year. Plus, they couldn't protect their QB worth s***, which is probably a combination of injuries and general suckiness.

So I remain unconvinced for now. I think we top the division (cause I'm thinking the Bears kind of secretly suck right now), but bow out to the Giants, Eagles, or Saints in the 2nd round. Which makes us a *little* bit better than last year, but not really. Plus, Ravens/Steelers in a few weeks will be a tough one two punch. And then we're going to get killed in Green Bay.

No way Favre walks out of there feeling OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment