Sunday, October 11, 2009

Eh.

So the Yankees won, just like everyone was expecting, and now the Twins are done and all that crap.

Of course, a bit of disappointment is evident... not that we lost, since I was expecting to lose, and everything after the game on Tuesday was just icing on the cake, but that we HAD to lost against the Yankees yet again.

Two questions, though.

1) Why would anyone like the Yankees?

I mean, I used to think that anyone who never lived inside New York and liked the Yankees were the only jerkoff Yankees fans. But now I'm thinking that even those inside NY that cheer for the Yankees must be miserable people. The past three games I've been in awe of how character-less the team is. They're just a bunch of clean-cut millionaires, reliant on power... and they're a bunch of soulless douchebags. It's boring as hell, quite frankly. Sure, they win... and you always want to see your team win. But the point of being a fan of a team is to suffer along with them for that one moment in which they finally win it all. If your suffering is rooted in the fact that your team hasn't won the World Series in 9 years... well, it really isn't the same, is it?

It's not really all that exciting, either. Same big, rich team makes postseason after postseason. Who the f*** cares. I'm probably not going to watch any other game in the playoffs, because it's just going to be the Yankees winning. Now, the Rays last year? That was exciting, since it was unexpected as the Rays had sucked for so long. The Red Sox in 2004? Exciting, because they were down 3-0, and had 80 years of history weighing against them. Watching the Yankeeswin their first World Series in 9 f***ing long years? Exciting... if you're from New York or are a lazy member of the media.

Anyway. I think next year, alongside cheering for the Twins and what not, I'm going to root as hard as I can for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Cause MLB is telling me I should be excited about a Yankees/Dodgers World Series, and I honestly think watching a perennially bad baseball team would be more enjoyable and rewarding than whatever these playoffs will produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment