(Note: the larger size of the second picture does not indicate a much greater desire for the second collection, but rather indicates my inability/laziness to size properly.)
I've been sort of on a Peanuts binge as of late. Actually I haven't, but I've been thinking about it a lot. Cause you see, it's almost Halloween time, which is not one of my favorite holidays, but you know... candy is cool and what not. However, I thought it would be a proper time to celebrate the holiday to watch "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". Great idea, right?
Well, I have to wait until it comes on the air (apparently the 27th on ABC?), cause my copy of it has gone missing.
This pisses me off royally, because I should be more caring of such important discs, and I've been searching for it left and right. All these efforts have yielded no fruit, however. So I've been gawking at Peanuts stuff lately. The place I work at has a copy for sale, but it's too much and I can't justify buying it when I can watch it later next week. I gawk at the Peanuts stuff at Target, which has the Great Pumpkin disc at the same price. Also have the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas 3-pack, which I would pick up in an instant, but I already have the other two holiday specials.
And then I saw the 60's collection DVD, and told myself that I wanted this. Of course, I'm broke, so I can't spend much now, but then in the spirit of the holidays, I remembered that some people might want to get me something around the time of this one holiday...
So here I am, stating that I want these collections. And because I know I'll probably forget about it 2 months from now, when I actually get around to making a Christmas list for my family, I'm writing it here in the hopes that I'll browse through my archives in December and recall this.
Yep. You just got an inside look of how I decide what's worth writing about.
UPDATE: So I totally just found the "Great Pumpkin" online... as well as "Charlie Brown's All Stars", and "There's No Time For Love, Charlie Brown" (which is my favorite... for a really long story that no one will be interested in because no one has ever heard of it).
I think I'm going to hold off on "It's The Great Pumpkin" just in case I can catch it in a week, but the other two? Now's a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment