Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hey... another game at the Dome...

So the Twins are playing another game 163 this afternoon. I'm trying hard to get excited. I'm trying really hard.

Normally, baseball's up there in terms of fanaticism with football. Well... at least with the Twins and everything. Not that I have ludicrous amounts of zeal for any one team... but still. I love the Twins. However, I'm feeling a lack of "spirit" or whatever you'd call it for today's game. I've got the reasons right here:

1) Last year's extra game against the White Sox SUCKED. Not only were the White Sox immensely more unlikable, but the ONLY score had to be a home run by THE guy who's been the biggest pain in the Twins' side for years (Thome.) So I'm sort of assuming the worst for this game... just cause that last extra game stung so much. Make a lot of sense? Probably not.

2) I haven't really followed them much this year. Probably due to the fact that a) can't really watch them, b) the pitching was beyond awful for first month or so... which sort of turned me off. I always sort of assumed they'd be contending come September, but it seems that this game is more of "the Tigers sucked down the stretch" rather than "Twins are getting hot at the right time".

3) So in theory, I don't like the Tigers. But it seems like a pity to bring more misery upon a city, you know? Then again, if my city was collectively on suicide watch, I'd rather be done in by the little budget team rather than the Yankees...

4) The Yankees, Part 1. As in, if the Twins win and get into the playoffs, we are going to get swept.

5) The Yankees, Part 2. As in, I hate the Yankees. Thus, any season in which the World Series seems predetermined to go to them... any bit of enthusiasm I have for the baseball season is crushed. Basically, I hate seeing how the structure of the MLB allows for zero parity and that the Yankees and Red Sox will always be up there and contending. Honestly, I have no hope for the Twins winning the dang thing... so all my hopes will be placed in the Cardinals and the Rockies to somewhat make up for the YANKEES/RED SOX machine that will inevitably clog up the playoffs and make life miserable.

I'll probably update throughout the game if I feel like it.

UPDATE 1: Took me all of 2 seconds to find a decent stream of the game. Of course, this is a pretty major baseball game, and games like Lions/Vikings don't really make anyone outside Minneapolis/Detroit excited, but still.

UPDATE 2: So... uhh... maybe Mauer can hit three home runs and Cuddyer can pitch in one or two... cause this pitcher has made everyone else look a little bit silly thus far.

UPDATE 3: 3-0 Tigers. That sucked.

UPDATE 4: Damnit! I mean, we got a run, but still... damnit!

UPDATE 5: OK, so this pitcher needs to stop doing so well, if for the very fact that the announcers keep announcing him as 20 years old, which makes me feel like a lazy underachiever. It hurts, dude. Make it stop.

UPDATE 6: Going over to Sara's quickly. I am hoping that the inning or two that I'll miss will be ones that I'll regret missing and such.

My guess is that it'll still be 3-1 when I get over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment