Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Damn.

So here's the thing. I'm not a diehard sports fan by any means, as I find the idea of putting all of your hopes and fears into a bunch of jerseys to be kind of silly. On the other hand, I don't know how you can not at some level derive some enjoyment out of it, since at its best it can be as tense, thrilling and dramatic as anything you might see on film or whatever.

I don't know why I'm saying this instead of... you know, wailing my arms around like crazy because my team won. What I guess I'm trying to say is that the game... well, it had me biting my nails after initially being lukewarm about the entire game, and it could have had anyone on the edge of my seat...

What I'm really trying to say is this: HOLY S*** WHAT A GAME.

The game pretty much had everything, including the "get the last two outs of the inning with the bases loaded" last inning (which was amazing, as was the double play in the 9th). Had a few bad plays, which may take away from its "classic" status, but whatever... misplays always make for no drama.

Of course, they're going to get killed by the Yankees. But for now, there's just this small glimmer of hope that this momentum will carry over at least the next few games.

No comments:

Post a Comment