-Sitting in Panera, on the internet... because couldn't find parking nearby Hard Times and I was getting impatient and this was the first thing I could think of so I drove there.
It was all kind of frustrating, actually... cause when I finally got my food, it wasn't what I ordered. People usually would complain about this sort of thing. Today I just accepted it as my fate. Sometimes you have days where you're just meant to get your order screwed up.
-Another somewhat frustrating thing... when you can't be really sure if your boss is judging you or not while said boss is telling you to correct mistakes you were never told were mistakes. I mean, it's probably not anything, but it's been enough to throw me off my game today.
-SPORTS. So I was watching the tail end of the Broncos/Jets game, and I found myself rooting for the Broncos--despite the fact that the Broncos have Tim Tebow, who seems to be the most hated athlete in the NFL at times, for the most part because he's a mediocre player who nonetheless receives a massive amount of attention. At least on the internet I've seen a ton of complaints... I don't know what his perception is out in the real world, but I can't imagine it's much better.
But it's at the point where I'm basically rooting for the guy essentially just because everyone else hates him. I mean, this is probably due to my own contrary nature--I wasn't liking the guy when ESPN was inundating me with stories about him, and the hatred towards him seemed much less pronounced. Other than that, though... I think it's good that he's doing well, just because he's a different type of QB, one that's actually going to try to run you over if you're in his way and one that seems more comfortable running the option rather than any "pro-style" formation. And there tends to be a prevailing thought in sports that if you don't necessarily fit into a "mold," then you can't be a success. Which is true in a lot of cases, but you also need players who seem to succeed despite all conventional wisdom--and there's no better example than Tebow right now.
I mean, it's not going to work long term unless Tebow improves as he plays--defenses are going to adapt to his style, and eventually he'll have to prove he can win on something other than grit (which seems to be how he's won 4 of the last 5). But in the mean time, it should be somewhat newsworthy that a guy that seems ill-prepared for the NFL--and is going 9-20 and 2-8 in piss-poor passing efforts--still seems to be willing his team to victory. And maybe he's getting the attention because he's so overtly born-again Christian, or if it's because he was wildly popular as a college athlete, but he deserves at least some of it based on his unique performance so far.
-I was going to write more, but then I realized this damn place closes in 15 minutes.
Grumble.
Vikings losses are even better when they involve getting Tebow'd.
ReplyDeleteWell... if the Vikings were going to lose, I would have preferred Tebow to single handedly lead his team to victory, instead of having Ponder essentially tossing the game away.
ReplyDeleteBut I'm seriously cheering for the Broncos right now. Broncos over Packers in the Super Bowl. Book it.
I was actually watching (hypocritical, but the alternative was studying), but they cut to the Rams game right after the Broncos tied it up at 32. I later learned what actually happened but when I saw the score I wanted to believe in a 94-yard, 48 second Tebow miracle drive.
ReplyDeleteI would assume the way the season's going for the Rams, that just about everyone there would have preferred to see the end of the Broncos win... or at least a double screen.
ReplyDeleteNetworks are kind of screwy.