Friday, June 3, 2011

It is extremely warm.

I am reminded why summers aren't particularly fun when you are in a place that lacks a decent air conditioning system. And just because I'm not a summer person anyway. Count me more as a fall/winter/spring kind of guy. Or just a not-summer guy. Whichever's easier.

HEY YOU.

Help me out.

I was listening to my music on my iTunes player when I hit that one button that is near the song you want to play but actually just brings you to the iTunes store and generally annoys. Upon hitting that and not immediately hitting back on my player, I discovered I have $1.35 left on my iTunes account.

Now, I don't usually buy anything from iTunes. I think the only reason why I have money on my account in the first place is because I used to get gift cards for holidays... and then I'd spend them on the obscure b-side or stuff I never listen to. Somewhere along the way I stopped receiving iTunes gift cards as gifts. I don't think I'll be receiving any more.

So I have enough to buy one song. But I don't know which one I should buy.

There are several routes I could take with this.

A) Since it will be the last song I'll probably ever buy from iTunes, I could go for something that symbolizes my iTunes buying experiences. Which means that I'd buy some B-side that probably isn't that good from a band I like just so I can feel better about having a more complete collection...

B) ...or the other symbolic route, by wasting it on something that I'll never listen to and will just generally clog up hard drive space until I get around to deleting it in... well, to be honest, I probably won't ever get around to deleting it.

C) I COULD SPEND IT ON A SMALLER BAND THAT I LIKE THUS FINANCIALLY SUPPORTING THEM AND MAKING MYSELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT STRUGGLING ARTISTS OF TODAY EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH OF ONE DOLLAR SONG WOULD ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE TO THEIR POCKETS.

D) Get the most out of that dollar, and thus buying the longest song possible. I doubt that I'm going to buy anything *too* long (as far as I remember, the album long songs usually go for the standard album price anyway), but I could try to find something relatively long.

E) Can you gift iTunes cash to people? Cause if I could decide to sent some amount like 32 cents to one person, 29 cents to another, and the remaining balance to someone else... I'd totally do it.

F) Not buy anything... since I haven't done anything with it for about 2 years, most likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment