Sunday, June 26, 2011
I hadn't heard this song before yesterday. I mean, I have... because I've definitely seen the awesome video for it before (it was probably on Pop-Up Videos back in the 90's), but I guess yesterday is the first time I heard it since. Even though apparently it's one of their most popular songs. (Give me a break... I stuck with Talking Heads' more classic albums... and the album this comes from is not considered an unanimous classic... not that anyone really cares anyway. I'll just get on with it.)
I heard this on the radio while driving yesterday, recognized it as a Talking Heads song, liked it, made a mental note to check out the song later on in the day when I had internet. Then I blanked and forgot, and realized I had forgotten while back on the road. Then literally seconds later (it was really minutes later) the song came back on the radio! And it was pretty glorious.
(This also marks the first time that I've been happy The Current seems to have a playlist of about 12 songs.)
Speaking of The Current, I've been listening to it a lot more recently, and... well, I guess I find it pretty sad that the only song that I have made an effort to try to seek out after hearing it is by a band that's already a couple albums deep in my collection... and it's a song I probably should have heard before anyway. See, it's sort of sad because The Current usually plays... current music, but there has been just about absolutely nothing released in the past few years that has really done anything for me.
That might just be because my tastes have evolved/regressed to the point where most of the stuff I'm enjoying has been released 30+ years ago. Or maybe musicians just aren't very good nowadays. They should probably try to improve, if that is indeed the case.
I'm assuming that the lyrical matter is pretty dark, but I try to pay as little attention to lyrical contents, so it sounds just about as life-affirming to me as possible.
(Also... do you know how bad I want a GIF of David Byrne running in place (in the most David Byrne way possible)? Really, really bad.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment