Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Quick updates:

-One thing I've been doing all month is keeping track of the stats for this blog. This is because--well, I don't know. Intrigue into the question if anyone actually visits your site, I suppose. Anyway... I just passed my previous record of pageviews in a month, so April is the new record holder with something like 284 pageviews! Yeah!

Is it bad I'm excited about one person checking out my site hundreds and hundreds of times?

-So I have this orange track jacket that I wear--constantly. I think it was borne out of the fact that my winter coat didn't provide enough warmth in of itself, so I ended up using this other orange jacket I had to further cover myself. And then it just blossomed from there.

It's weird. I wear it a lot, so I feel people might look down on me for that... but I like the idea that someone could probably identify me from yards away just by seeing the jacket. And that a single piece of clothing becomes a part of your identity. Kind of like how Charlie Brown wears the same type of shirt for 50 years--the zig zag across the middle and usually in a yellow color. Not that it defines Charlie Brown or anything, but--he wouldn't look the same without it. So if I had a comic strip devoted to myself (which I think is a great idea), the artist would know how to dress me, I suppose.

Anyway... I was somewhat worried about the shelf life of my current track jacket, until I stopped into a thrift store the other day. And wouldn't you know it, I found the EXACT SAME TRACKJACKET right there... waiting for me. I bought it, of course. Why wouldn't I?

So now I have two. And now I'm thinking about what it would take or how hard it would be to find another one. And then just making my entire wardrobe the same track jacket over and over. So when I have a comic strip about me, there'd be a joke about opening up my closet and showing the same shirt over and over again--and it would actually correlate to real life. And it would be exciting.

I'm trying to think of what it was that used the "oh, he has 20 pairs of the same shirt" gag... but I'm struggling.

-I feel as if that trying to sleep in till something like 11 AM and then waking up at 8 AM anyway--is one of the worst feelings in the world.

Then I get up and I'm reasonably productive.

It's a very conflicted feeling.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't judge me for obsessively checking your blog. It's on my "I'm bored, let's see what internet writing's out there" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stroke my ego every time you do, Joe.

    ReplyDelete