Going to go get my van soon, which has been in the shop since Friday with brake troubles.
It is exciting because I'm really looking forward to seeing what possible new way my van will break down on me this time. (That last sentence may or may not have been 100% serious.)
The funny thing is that I am the only one who ever has any troubles with it. Of course, that might be because I drive it the most and thus will be more susceptible to encountering all its troubles--but I don't drive it *that* much more than anyone else.
Here's what has happened with me and my van that has never happened with anyone else:
-Brakes deciding suddenly not to work (I mean... it's only happened this one time, but it happened with me, so....)
-Stalling randomly during a drive (happens to me ALL the time, but never to anyone else. My sister borrowed the car one time and was going to a museum in St. Paul and pick me up nearby. She drove most of the way--no problems, I get picked up, start driving the 5 minutes it takes to get to the museum--stalls on me 3 fn' times.)
-Battery dying (has happened to me *way* too many times to count.. never to anyone else.)
I think essentially that the van just doesn't really like me. It can be the only explanation. That or I drive in an internally destructive manner. It'd be nice to have a car that wasn't failing me--but, can't afford it. So that sucks. Plus I grew up with this car, so... sentimental value might persuade me a little to keep it around for longer than I ought to.
So I'm ready. I'm ready for the van to break down on me on the way home from picking it up. I'm thinking that the windshield will just suddenly and without warning burst into a million pieces... or that my gas pedal becomes stuck, and I'll be cruising down the highway at 10 miles per hour.
Or it'll just stall a lot more.
No comments:
Post a Comment