Nicolas Cage is probably my favorite actor and this scene from Wild At Heart (which I just watched this afternoon) is a perfect reason why although I wish I could embed this instead of including it as a link since videos look so much nicer.
I think I'm at the point where I can't even begin to understand why I adore him as an actor so much. Because really... he's been mailing it in for the past 5+ years (barring certain films, of course) since he's dead broke and all I can think is how awesome his mailed in performances are--even though they pretty much aren't. I haven't gotten around to seeing it, but when I do, I'm going to enjoy the crap out of Drive Angry. And I feel that might not be healthy, considering the vitriol directed at his movies as of late.
But I guess it's like this: he's a weird guy. And that usually translates onto the screen--sometimes for the betterment of the overall film... and sometimes the movies just suck so badly that his weirdness might seem like a flaw. But overall I just like the nutso characters he plays... and that's just it.
(Also, just stumbled upon this Cage interview and it's kind of great. My favorite part is when he says his reasons for doing Drive Angry.)
(Also also, Wild At Heart's pretty good. Fun, disturbing, absurd, insane... pretty much the usual from David Lynch.)
No comments:
Post a Comment