Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Bowl Predictions:

Pittsburgh 24 Green Bay 20.

(My head tells me that the Packers aren't going to be stopped... but at the same time, I can't imagine the Steelers not somehow pulling it out. Plus, I still don't trust the Packers in the clutch. Two times they had games firmly in control only to allow the other team back in it. Sure, they pulled it out... but they won't have Caleb Hanie to help them out this time either.)

Annoying beer commercials 22, commercials that are actually clever 3.

(The most overrated portion of the actual game is the commercials. I still watch them because I find the concept of commercials interesting and the Super Bowl is the... Super Bowl for commercials, when everyone goes full out on them. It's just unfortunate that most of them are based around the idea of "man does stupid thing for beer" or "man chooses beer over woman" or any sort variant...)

Minutes spent watching halftime show 0, minutes spent watching whatever the hell else is on during halftime, 15.

(My idea for the Super Bowl halftime show (aside from nuking it): Cirque Du Soleil. Or essentially, any sort of thing that would not involve inviting some crappy mainstream act onto my television. By the way, what happened to the whole "inviting decent bands 30 years past their prime" idea? At least this way, I could have the TV on and complain about how bad the band sounds nowadays and how it sucks they wouldn't invite any somewhat decent modern band to play. Now I have to actively avoid the Black Eyed Peas. What the f.)

Chances I will watch Glee after the game 40%, chances I won't 60%.

(It mainly depends on my mood... and whether or not I decide to subject myself to (further?) pain. The thing is that I kind of hate Glee, but I've never seen an episode of it. And in the interest of fairness, if I'm going to hate something... I should actually know why I'm hating it instead of doing it blindly. But yeah... I'm definitely going to hate it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment