1) I had an interview on Friday. I wasn't trying to be super nervous about it, because that generally tends to hurt me in the actual interview, so I tried to downplay my chances and assume that I have nothing to lose and just be relaxed and all that.
Well, that all went sort of kaput. My car's battery died about an hour before my interview.
2) When I called the person I was interviewing with to tell her of my predicament, I told her I would call when I thought I'd be able to come in. So I finally got the car situation fixed, and told her that I'd be there in so-and-so minutes. Only problem is, the place was downtown somewhere, and the directions I got weren't the greatest. So I ended up driving around looking for this building until about a minute after I said I'd be there, when I gave up and asked for better directions. So not only was I late for the originally scheduled interview, but I was late for the rescheduled one as well. (Granted, this wasn't completely my fault, but you know.)
3) I bombed the interview, as I am prone to do.
I use a lot of filler words. It's a bad habit. I actively tried to avoid using them for this interview, and yet I still used them all the time. That probably colored my perception of the interview. Also, I'm always blindsided by one question where it's "give me an example of ________" and the blank is filled by something I haven't ever prepared for, and then on the spot give the worst possible example I could give.
4) My boss asked me if I could take on a few more hours the next week, since we're going to be shorthanded. I usually only want to work about 20, since it's a bit of a drive and I hate it there anyway, but I'm a nice person and I can't say no. Besides, I figure he's only going to schedule me for 25 hours or so. 25-28, something in that range.
Of course that's not what he does. He schedules me for 36 hours.
He has a very liberal definition of the word "few".
5) I just discovered that the Twins' first four games in the ALDS coincide with days and times in which I work, and that the games probably won't be shown on local TV. Which means I won't be able to have it on at work... and I'll just miss the entire series (most likely) all together.
....
....
FUDGE.
No comments:
Post a Comment