Thursday, October 28, 2010



I like some Belle & Sebastian every once in a while. Not necessarily a huge fan, and if I'm going to turn on something by them nine times out of ten it's something from If You're Feeling Sinister. And most of their latest stuff hasn't done much for me, but there's always this one song that if I were to look at it discerningly, I would be fairly dismissive... but yet I can't help myself. This is one of those songs:



Kind of awesome, right? I mean, if your mom's favorite band wrote this song, you'd hate it and all... but you'd be wrong and eventually you'd realize that.

Anyway. Apparently the band's put out a new album (it's called "Write About Love".... which is a stupid title. So much that I'm not going to explain how stupid it is but just assume that you are in complete agreement with me), which I didn't really have any anticipation for (probably because of the title), but then I heard the song in the first video above on The Current. And then I thought, "hey, this isn't bad," which transformed about 4 minutes into the song to "hey, this is pretty good!" And then I thought about looking it up on YouTube and here we are.

By the way, I've had a lot of good luck with The Current as of late. As in, when I've listened to them, they haven't been playing soft indie folk all the f'n time, which constitutes as a victory, I suppose. And I didn't hear a single Mumford & Sons song.

I don't know if you guys have heard of the band, but believe me, the fact that I didn't hear them qualifies as a miracle. Seriously, I may have read about the band once or twice on a couple of occasions browsing various sites or whatever, but The Current hypes them as if it's 1964 and the Beatles just arrived in the US or something (it might have been 1963 in which the Beatles came across the sea, but I can't be bothered to look).

I should probably get to sleep, since I need to wake up at 8... and I haven't been sleeping as well as of late... and I'm sick....

1 comment:

  1. I know one should never be happy to see someone injured...but...

    “I really can’t complain, although I probably should,” said Favre, “I have a broken foot. I have eight stitches in my chin. I’ve had tendinitis in my elbow, but I threw it as well as I have all season.”

    What with the rampant narcissism, the workplace sexual harassment, and the pain he's causing my poor friends who are still Vikings fans, I was pretty happy when he got carted off. I guess that's horrible of me.

    ReplyDelete