It's about 3 AM.
I have pretty much been playing games with my brothers all night, which has been enjoyable. They got the new wrestling game yesterday when I took them to Gamestop, and from what I've played it's actually kind of fun.
I mean, I suck at it. My brothers are way better. Except that I have developed one little expertise that gives me a shot in the dark at winning, and that is kicking out of pin attempts.
The way pins work in this game is that when you are covered for a pin, you have until 3 to kick out. So there's this meter that you have to stop inside the precise "kick out" area in order to get out of the pin attempt. Generally you have about three attempts to stop the meter before you lose. Also, once you take more damage, the meter becomes faster and the area that allows you to kick out shrinks. So, you know... you still have to be decent to win.
And I'm not. So essentially I have become the master at delaying the inevitable, and instead I absorb more punishment in the small hopes that I will either make a comeback or make a quick pin that catches my brothers off guard (which might have occurred 10% of the matches I played tonight), but HEY. At least it's something.
Anyway, I might still be playing the game were it not for the fact that I had a 30 minute match with my littlest brother, in which I was pretty much kicking out of everything. It was quite the epic, believe me. Realistically, I didn't really have a shot at winning it, but I kept slowly adding more damage to my brother in the hopes that I might get lucky. Aiding me was some guy who randomly interfered in the match and distracted the referee whenever my brother went for a pin for a good 5 minutes... to which my brother responded by using leverage on the ropes to give the pins an unfair advantage (cause... you know, what the hell).
So. Just as I was really starting to build up momentum, just as I was getting ready to hit my brother with some powerful moves and hopefully steal the victory... he knocks me down and pins me for the 1-2-3.
Well crap.
No comments:
Post a Comment