Friday, May 6, 2011

I've been busy. With things.

One thing that I have been doing--and that I've mentioned a couple times here--is listening to a lot of Simon & Garfunkel since I was told to include them in a playlist. It's been good.

I've always sort of had not great opinions on the duo, which I guess I could never really explain. I mean, Sounds Of Silence is a great song, I Am A Rock = also great. I liked some of their other singles, but for whatever reason I never really took them seriously and just devoted my time to other, more substantial musical pursuits.

I've been trying to figure out why I never thought of them as anything other than a lightweight band unworthy of sustained attention, and I think I figured out why. It started at a very early age, and was probably my first impression of the duo.

My mom owned either/both the CD and vinyl version of Simon & Garfunkel's greatest hits. This is the album cover.


...

Simon looks like f***ing Gallagher.

No comments:

Post a Comment