Why the hell did no one tell me about Daylight Savings Time?
I'm starting to seriously reconsider my current sources of information, cause they have completely let me down here. I mean, it's not like I would have done a lot more with the knowledge that today was the day I lose an hour--other than maybe commiserate with myself over the loss of an hour... and then maybe complained about how stupid the whole practice is and how it throws off everything needlessly twice a year. But I feel cheated. Robbed, even.
It's better to know that something is going to come and take something away from you... rather than to wake up and suddenly come to the realization that something you hold near and dear to you has been lost forever. At least in this case it is. I mean, think of all the things I might've done in that hour that I now won't be able to do...
1) I could have browsed the internet.
2) I could have... browsed the internet.
3) Internet.
4) Internet.
5) Something productive that would have required the internet.
6) ...internet.
You see? I LOST ONE HOUR OF INTERNET. Time that I didn't know I would not have since a) no one alerted me to this and b) this stupid thing exists in the first place. It's a terrible feeling, believe me.
By the way, the next daylight savings time is Sunday November 6th. Not that I expect anyone to remember this in 8 months, but... if no one's going to tell me, I need to start reminding myself.
Maybe I should bookmark this page.
No comments:
Post a Comment