So I wrote a week or so ago about how everyone in my household had come down with sickness. And how I was panicking and trying to bunker in my room so I wouldn't catch it. THEN, I didn't get sick, and it all seemed as if my immune system somehow fought its way through it.
Well, nine days later I am sick.
What the f?
It's not that bad (yet), just a sore throat and a slight headache mainly. I'd be tempted to say that it's just the cold and not a flu, but I figure that if it were the cold I'd have gone through about 20 tissue boxes by now. I mean, there's still time to have my nose's faucet switch to be turned on, but I might like to avoid that more than the flu. Maybe.
It's been kind of a crappy day.
OTHER THOUGHTS:
-My internet is extremely slow at the moment, which is because a certain someone in this household likes to download about six million things all at once and steal all the bandwidth. And this person does this just about every weekend. I'm hoping this person goes to sleep soon or at least realizes that other people might have need for a somewhat speedy internet so they can get some things done--but my attempts at passive-aggressiveness have failed. Mostly because my attempts have been restricted to a place he doesn't read...
-Fun fact: tried watching Once Upon A Time In America today on Netflix, but had to stop a couple minutes in. Why? Because for whatever reason, they decided to show it in the 1.33:1 aspect ratio rather than the 1.85:1 ratio it's supposed to be in. Is it really that big of a deal? Yes. Yes it is a really big deal.
-This is a pretty great article about the labor conflict between the NFL owners and players. It's funny, though--because the owners are so unbelievably and unquestionably in the wrong here, I kind of want it to drag out a while just so everyone can continue tearing them a new one.
My only fear is that somehow their PR machine ends up turning public opinion against the players and thus forcing the players to cave in to their ridiculous demands. Because the owners need to lose here--they make great villains, but the villains need to lose. And lose hard.
-Sara and I started going through the original series of Star Trek the other day, which has actually been quite a bit of fun. For some reason the pacing of the show so far has me wishing it was a little bit shorter, but it's all so fun and silly that it ends up not mattering. And William Shatner... well, some might say he overacts a little, but that's just because certain people can't comprehend his sheer brilliance.
And now that I've mentioned him, I've got this stuck in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment