This isn't going to interest anyone.
There happened to be a copy of the new NCAA Football 12 game from Gamefly at home today. This is great, because I was really clamoring to play the game for some reason and almost willing to plop $60 for it... but also terrible, because I got absolutely nothing done for the rest of the day.
The problem with the game is that it's completely illogical.
I'm doing the My Player mode (or whatever it's called) as a wide receiver. My best game through 10 is 3 catches for 50 yards. I'm tearing it up. Although I'd probably be doing better if the computer had an f'n brain.
The problem is that I'm not allowed to pick my own plays in this mode, and the AI does it for me. So that means that when there is 20 seconds left before half time and my team has the ball within field goal range, we'll just run the ball and let the remaining seconds tick instead of actually trying to score.
That also means that when I'm down by 10 or more points in the 4th quarter, then EVERY single play called is going to be a run. Because nothing conserves time like a persistent running attack.
That also means punting the ball on 1st down.
What the hell...?
Ahh, the ol' 1st down punt...they never see it coming.
ReplyDelete