Friday, August 12, 2011

All of a sudden I realize I haven't written anything in a while, and I get the huge urge to do something even without any particular grand idea of what to say.

So... yeah. I've been busy this week. Fretting and not sleeping and dealing with things I'd rather not deal with.

I had to make an extra trip into work today because my pay check was one shift short. Not that this is particularly interesting for you at all, but I am mentioning this because probably at some point in my life I probably would not have dealt with it--in order to not insinuate blame on the person who screwed up the check. Which is good, because it seems rather stupid if I would hear anyone else struggling to deal with it.

Before I went to the office to talk to the payroll person, what I was sort of expecting would happen would be that they were testing me to see if I would notice the smaller check, and upon learning that I did notice it, they would get upset and refuse to rectify the omission. And then... upon learning that they could not fool me into giving me smaller checks, they'd fire me.

I don't know if anyone else's brain works that way. I kind of hope so.

Not much else to say.

I'll leave with what I've been listening to today.

I appreciate a band that can produce songs as wildly diverse as these and make them all sound for the most part pretty much great.






No comments:

Post a Comment