I feel like an old person.
It's Christmas Eve, as you might guess. Everyone is pretty much just winding down their nights at the moment, so I've been sitting around on the internet... waiting for my nephews to go to bed so I can Santa Claus the living room. Pretty sure they're out by now, but I'm too lazy to actually get up at the moment.
Things were kind of stressful around here the past week or so--someone caught the flu at some point, which I then inevitably caught. I'm almost fine now, thank you very much, but it rendered pretty much both Sara and I out of it on what was our anniversary. So... that sucked.
Also had to brave the traffic and the crowds yesterday in Christmas shopping. Not that I would be stupid enough to not get my Christmas shopping by this time (of course, I'm not saying that if you do wait till the last minute that you are stupid... actually, yes I am. You're stupid. The traffic is terrible and there's too many people and you should have figured out how to avoid it by now), but there was a bit of a snafu with my brother's present. My sister ordered this really big present with my mother's credit card, and I got to wrap it yesterday. It was a bunch of DVDs--a 5-pack, as it was advertised--but they were all copies of the same DVD. Apparently she didn't read the product info, where it said nothing to the sort that they were 5 separate DVDs included. Just the one...
I don't know where I was going with this...
*shrugs* We do our little Christmas gift exchanging Christmas Eve, by the way. We have lasagna for dinner (which I've made for the past eons...), and then open stuff afterwards--after I organize the presents by recipient so the order in which they open it isn't all over the place. I think one year when I was super hardcore about it, I had every present for every person assigned to a number, so I could then have everyone open each present in an exact order (so... you know, you don't open the Xbox 360 before the pair of socks or whatever). I don't know why I usually take it so seriously... I just do. I would probably buy all the presents if I could as well...
I did get my fair share of gifts for others, though. Actually it sort of seemed like it was the first time the amount I spent on others matched what I got back in return. Which is totally cool and all... I mean, parents probably spends thousands on their kids and what not and are just grateful when they get a nice sweater or something. But... I don't know... that must mean I'm getting old.
Obviously.
I was really into the Christmas season as a kid... and still am. But I guess it's just a little disappointing that the excitement keeps declining. I don't know. I guess I try to make the whole season a little more enjoyable for everyone, but I guess I feel as if that isn't being reciprocated wholly by everyone else. Which is OK. Not really anyone's fault... I just expect the same enthusiasm and thought from everyone that I do from myself... and I take it too damn seriously anyway.
This might all sound incredibly vague. I don't know. It's late. I had a good day. I have to wake up early tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment