Friday, December 31, 2010

Ending 2010 with a bang, everyone.

And by that, I mean... I'm doing nothing except plowing through Breaking Bad season 2. I think I'm OK with that... on one hand, I could be doing something interesting, considering that this is one of those days where a lot of people tend to hang out and what not. On the other hand... I don't really care for the new year that much anyway, and the show is absolutely excellent. I would wholeheartedly recommend it... unless you have a low tolerance for extremely dark television. Then I would not recommend it.

*shrug*

I'm glad the year is over, though. It really hasn't been my best.

I think the main problem is that I've become way too complacent about a lot of things, which has affected my overall self-worth probably more than enough. And then of course, I then tend to not break out of that sense of complacency because I typically don't feel too high about myself.

I'm hoping this will change somewhat soon. I... well, I don't want to say that I have a couple of New Year's Resolutions, because from years of experiences I've learned that they're pretty much wishful things you tell yourself you'll do that you never ever end up doing. But I have a plan for the new year, and will just hope that my hesitance to call them resolutions will allow them to actually come to fruition.

Mainly, it all just boils down to the idea that I want to feel better about myself. But of the things to accomplish for next year, I would like to hopefully find a reasonable source of income that doesn't make me hate myself, and I would like to do some volunteer work when the first goal eventually fizzles out (positive thinking is great, I know). Also I would like to write more. These are all relatively attainable goals, I would think. I just have to... you know, *do* them.

In other news... I saw Black Swan the other day. I'm going to go ahead and call it my favorite of the year so far.

I think I loved it more because the score and the camerawork were top notch, but it was suitably nuts. I don't know... after reflection, there were certain aspects of the film that seemed a little trite, but I bought into them anyway, just because of how crazy/campy it was.

I still haven't seen a lot of the Oscar contenders yet, but hopefully will see True Grit this weekend, and then The King's Speech and The Fighter to follow from there. But if I had to rank the actual contenders this year that I've seen, it'd go like this:

1) Black Swan
2) The Social Network
3) Toy Story 3
4) Shutter Island
5) Winter's Bone
6) Inception
7) 127 Hours
8) The Town
9) The Kids Are All Right

The last two I didn't care for at all... I'd perhaps get into it, but... the last episode is beckoning me. So let's go for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment