What a ridiculous, glorious movie. Kind of like Army Of Darkness in how it keeps trying to amp up the ridiculous meter, and for the most part it succeeds. But I think it's played more straightly, which makes it all the more ridiculous/awesome. Plus, the first kill involves a carrot. This was probably the best thing to cheer me up post-heartbreak.
-So I'm big on the Oscars. And by big I mean get upset with it every year (except 2007). So the fact that Avatar was looking to sweep everything in sight was kind of annoying to me, since... you know, it was kind of lame. But the PGA (a precursor to the Oscars) had Avatar as the large favorite, only to get upset by The Hurt Locker. Which is pretty cool.
Of course, I'd have rather seen Inglourious Basterds pull off the upset, or Fantastic Mr. Fox/A Serious Man get recognition... plus, there's no way that a movie that made pretty much nothing at the box office would beat the highest grossing film at the Oscars (especially after they tried to make the damn show much more mainstream), but still. Cool news.
-Plus, the Vikings were going to get crushed by the Colts anyway, in route to the record breaking 5th Super Bowl loss. Although I'm not so sure if I would have preferred that. For one thing, I haven't seen a Minnesota team make the championship ever (cause really, I wasn't paying attention to the Twins as a 4 year old in 1991). And if we were to lose the Super Bowl, then maybe the rest of the worldd would have noticed how miserable it is to be a Vikings fan in the first place.
That's all I'm really looking for. A bit of sympathy.
A lot of sympathy, really. The game f***ing sucked. We got screwed on the last drive by the refs, we got screwed by the crappy overtime rules, we got screwed by our stupid playcalling and turnovers... GAH. WE SHOULD BE IN THE SUPER BOWL RIGHT NOW.
HARTLEY. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO CHOKE. WHY WERE YOU THE ONLY KICKER TO NOT MISS A FIELD GOAL DURING THE PLAYOFFS.
Right. Because he was kicking against the Vikings.
And we're not huge fans of "good fortune".
-My girlfriend drew this for me. It pretty much sums up the hopelessness of our team pretty effectively.
Still I'll get high hopes next year... and the year after that...
No comments:
Post a Comment