I don't mean to delight in the misfortune of others, but... it's been a rough week for me physically and emotionally, and it was REALLY nice seeing your rival football team lose in a way that your team usually would.
(Actually, it's not, really. If we were in the Packers' shoes, we would have either lost 52-0 or by dropping a game winning touchdown in the last second of the game. Or some other completely embarrassing/heart-rending scenario.)
I mean, the Packers are going to be back, so it's really just a celebration that their Super Bowl title count won't be 12 at the end of the decade. I think it was just a case of a team cooling off right as another was heating up.
Now I've got the Napoleon Dynamite cartoon on because I forgot to turn off the TV. It's not very good.
---
I might stop updating this place for a while. It's been sort of a source of frustration, as I've been writing pretty much for myself at a time in which that fact has been seriously bothering me.
I mean, I don't know what else I could do that might give me a needed outlet to vent... that also might be seen by more than one person. But I'm trying to figure that out. I'll let you know.
---
This song has helped me through the week. I try to belt it out in the car whenever I play it, but I lack only a little bit of the natural talent at singing that Brian Wilson possesses.
I mean, I lack a lot of it. But I'm trying to get better at singing, for no real reason. Which has its own set of problems, as a) none of my current ways to play my iPod in my car are working really well, and b) I only belt out songs in my car, and get too self-conscious elsewhere. Or in the presence of my brothers, who seem to unconditionally accept everything I do as great.
Eventually, I'll get better. I think. Anyway, this is a great song. You should play it to remind yourself how great it is.
(Don't mind if I do.)
You'd best not quit writing here! Sorry to hear about your rough week. All ok?
ReplyDeleteI sent you an email...
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm mentioning it here in case you for some reason read this first.