I always feel conflicted whenever I hear about a US soccer team doing well in a tournament or something similar.
On one hand: I am from the US, and thus have been trained to cheer for the country I live in for pretty much anything (sporting events, world population totals, race to the moon... or whatever.)
On the other hand: Americans (myself mostly included) couldn't give two flying s***s about soccer, so why should I cheer for an American soccer team when a country like Brazil would appreciate the victory about 100% more? 100% might be a low figure, too.
So I've decided right now that I'm rooting for either Sweden or Japan to win the Women's World Cup. Which is more because I like both countries rather than they would appreciate winning more... but they would nonetheless. So there.
And now you know my opinion on this important matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment