Thursday, March 11, 2010

Terrible Love



This is The National playing a new song off their JUST ANNOUNCED (exciting) album called High Violet, coming out May 11th... which just happens to be 9 days before my birthday. So that's exciting, right?

I have the feeling that this'll be the record that breaks them big, since there's really no reason why they shouldn't be one of the top 3 most popular indie acts at the moment as is. I also have the feeling the album isn't going to be as good as Boxer. Or Aliigator. But hey, I'd love to be wrong about that.

Plus, this song is sounding super impressive at the moment, although I'm assuming it'll sound fairly different on record. A lot of the songs they play live end up in these swirling crescendos that don't really occur on the recorded version.

Also, is it possible for Fallon's show and the band to be buddies if it's been a year since they've been on, and the show has only been on about 14 months?

No comments:

Post a Comment