I don't know how to embed videos into my text with this, but here we go.
This here folks, is the trailer to Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans.
Oh goodness yes.
I mean, I'm thinking that Werner Herzog is just doing this for a bit of a cash grab so he can fund his next film quite easily. That would be fairly logical given the tone of this trailer.
But man... I'm really hoping he is intentionally making this as absurd as possible. I hope--kowing he was making something f'n ridiculous--that he thought about the lead role for like 3 seconds, called Nicolas Cage up, and then later on forced him at gun point to star in it (not that Cage would need any incentive to star in something like this). Because I will love him dearly for it. I will get his name tattooed on my chest, or something stupid like that.
Unfortunately (not to spoil anything in the trailer or anything), there's no release date given, which means that when I'm broke and homeless, I might not necessarily know which day to work overtime in begging for money.
No comments:
Post a Comment