So, if the season ended today, your Minnesota Timberwolves would be in the playoffs.
It's all very exciting.
Of course, they're going to go something like 3-7 over the next 10 games, rendering this all moot, but still. When all your other sports teams are bottoming out completely, you grab any positivity whenever you can. And being in the 8 seed for the playoffs almost 2/3rd of the way through the season... after having the worst record in the league last year... that's pretty impressive, really.
I'm gonna make this a stereotypical Alex post. I've already delved into the useless sports comment. Now here's the YouTube video.
I really wanted to post his cover of The Rolling Stones' "Dead Flowers," which appeared in the closing moments of The Big Lebowski--and also just might be the best cover of all time (if you judge your covers by whether or not it is so strong it makes you reevaluate why you even liked the original in the first place.) But I couldn't find the correct version on YouTube. So I decided to go with this song--except I wanted to post the version from the Live At The Old Quarter release. Again, no luck.
The actual studio version will suffice, I suppose. I like the live version because its mood seems ambiguous, really depending on your own mood at the time. The posted version retains a little of that ambiguity, but it sounds a little rosier in its outlook. In any case, I've repeated multiple times, and I'm not even sure why.
Been listening to a lot of Townes Van Zandt, and again... I'm not really sure why. I think it comes down to his voice, which evokes a certain melancholy that's always going to rope me in. But more country needs to sound like this. Here's another song.
No comments:
Post a Comment