I'm sick and I'm going to probably be up until at least 3 AM. That's the kind of intelligence I like to display.
...
The Vikings start their season tomorrow, and I for one am dreading it terribly.
I have absolutely no good feelings about this year... for a few reasons I'll explain now. First, the score tomorrow is going to be something like Saints 42, Vikings 27... something where we're technically within striking range, but New Orleans controls throughout and kicks the s*** out of our secondary.
Anyway, the reasons I'm not feeling this season:
1) Last few times we made the NFC championship, we went into the next year with heightened expectations... only to sorely disappoint. The only reason we made the playoffs in 1999 was because Jeff George had some strange magic in his arm (to the point where I was pissed off we didn't keep him the next year).
2) Favre is going to play all 16 games, cause he likes to seem tough and all, but he's going to be banged up like crazy. (Cause he's 80.) To the point where he's going to ostensibly retire in 2011 in order to heal all his injuries... before announcing he's coming back to play in 2012.
3) They are essentially going all in on this season, which worries me. I know they probably don't have a realistic chance past this year, but the idea that this is their only chance... well, it might work out, but it might just blow up completely in our faces. Something doesn't go right for the team and panic mode might set in. I don't know. I just don't feel good about it.
I haven't been up to anything else, by the way.
Just... breathing, mainly.
No comments:
Post a Comment