Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I would like to take this moment...

...to feel sorry for myself.















*sigh*












OK. I'm good.

...

So I started watching Eastbound & Down tonight, which seems enjoyable enough, although probably better off for being only 6 episodes long since its main redeeming quality is... well, the lack of redeeming qualities in the main character. Which I would think would probably get old after a while.

ANYWAY. What really surprised me was that the show actually used this Tindersticks instrumental in two out of the three episodes I saw. Which is really weird, if you didn't know. I mean, the show has some pretty nasty and dark overtones but it is sort based off the archetypal Will Ferrell movie... which doesn't really lend itself to a morose British rock band.

In essence, listen to this song:



And try to imagine it set to this video:



And that's sort of how I felt.

You could even play them at the same time if you wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment